Monday, February 25, 2008

Interpol - Sydney, 21st February 2008


I saw Interpol in 2005 I believe and they were efficient then and they’re efficient now. Their live show is as sharp as their tailored suits. There were ambient interludes between songs, which acted as perfect reprieves from their grainy guitars. I hope they move into a more experimental direction, because their music is becoming too clean, too safe perhaps. However, it was a solid performance (predictably), with “The Lighthouse” and “Not Even Jail” being highlights for me.

Pioneer to the Falls
Obstacle 1
C’Mere
Narc
Say Hello to the Angels
Pace Is the Trick
Slow Hands
Hands Away
Mammoth
No I in Threesome
Rest My Chemistry
The Heinrich Manoeuvre
Evil
The Lighthouse
Not Even Jail

---encore---

Untitled
Stella Was a Diver and She Was Always Down
PDA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.