Monday, March 3, 2008

I love your voice, it sounds like a slurpee

I reluctantly went to Mardi Gras. Before the parade we went into Star Bar and I had 3 house wines, even though while on my tablets I was not supposed to. Then there’s a blur. According to unreliable sources, I went into a girl’s bathroom and frightened some young Asian girls, with whom I remember having a discussion earlier in the evening, about Vanessa’s So You Think You Can Dance chances. Then I recall being at the Elizabeth street sidelines of the parade and watching the floats float by and then some old guy telling me, “I’ll pop you to the fucking ground if you do that again.” I forget what I did the first time that inspired such an agro response. And then in Hyde Park I regained relative consciousness. We watched the parade from the big screen television. I kept hugging Shannon, we were both so lonely and she’s a great hug. Then there was walking, lots of walking. I slapped asses in the interim to keep myself entertained, I’m not sure all the old men noticed. We met up with guys and gals from our old year group and waltzed around with them. When saying hi to one of the guys, I said congenially, “Hi Chris!!!” to which he replied “I’m John.” Chris or John is so funny. I was dressed for the occasion, wearing Tim’s tight flannel; I looked like a faggot cowboy. And I had white leather shoes and tight jeans. Hannah got 2 ecstasy tablets; she took one and sold the other to Trent for $50, who then halved it between him and his girlfriend. He got ripped off in his desperation.

We got bored of walking in the city. Hannah’s voice sounded like a slurpee because of the ecstasy, so in the taxi home I told her “I love your voice, it sounds like a slurpee”, which it did. Back at Shannon’s mansion we played Stripjack (Strip Blackjack). We ate scones with raspberry jam in her living room half-naked. Shannon won, but in a way we all won because we got to see a lot of nudity.

2 comments:

Philos said...

Do you perform at weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs? Or is it strictly a mardis gras performance?

Anonymous said...

Christenings only.